In science we are learning the scientific definition of work and power.
News from the Social Studies Department (By Trenton):
In social studies we are reading about slaverey, civil war, and the world wars.
News from the Math Department (By Taylor):
In math, we are learning about fractions and how you change mixed fractions into improper fractoins, and change improper fractions into mixed fractions.
News from the Reader’s Workshop Department (By Eva):
In Reader’s Workshop we have been working on silently reading every day. We have been working on thick and thin questions. Thin questions are “right there” questions that you can find with ease in your book. Thick questions are questions that use more reading skills. Thick questions are not “right there” in your book.
News from the Writer's Workshop Department (By Hailey E.):
In The Writer`s Workshop Departement we are working on our Auction Letters. What we have to do is find a company, and write a polite buisness letter to the company of our choosing and ask for some donations for our sixth grade auction.
News from the Music Department (By Marissa):
We have been working on our Christmas Concert songs. If you haven’t heard, we are singing songs from Home Alone! It is fun.
News from the Physical Education Department (By Hailey H.):
In gym we played mat ball. It was sooooooo fun. You have to go around on the mat’s 2 times it’s really fun you sould try playing it.
News from the Art Department (By Zach L.):
We are doing rose windows. So far, they all look awesome!
Free Choice Area (By Maria):
5 Ways to Get More Candy this Halloween (results may vary)
- Be sure you have multiple costumes. This way you can trick old people that your someone else. Also be sure that you have different sacks to keep your candy so it won’t be so notiacble.
- Use a different vocies each time. This also works with the first way to get more candy. Be sure to use all kind of voices like… The deep voice, the chipmunk, the annoying Fred voice, and last but not least the sweet little girl.
- Have different gender customs. This way you can trick the old person into thinking their getting different people each time.
- ALWAYS TRADE. This is a must when halloween is here. Always separate the pile of candy of which you like most, least, and worst. Be sure to pick the a limit of candy from each pile to trade.
- If you cant go trick-or-treating, Ask your spoilling grandmother to give you that candy bag from the pantry.
Teacher's Corner (By Mr. Singer):
Good afternoon. The chill is in the air and the leaves are changing, we must be getting closer to winter. I am looking forward to our Parent-Teacher conferences coming up this next week. The students have been working hard to prepare their portfolios for you, and practicing the presentations. I will be providing a lot of forms to give you from the office, such as how to go on Skyward (if you have not already), MAPs results again, and other things. We will try to keep to time, but if you are here for your conference and the previous one is going, please knock and remind us to hurry up. The reason we go late sometimes is because I talk a lot. Sorry. The student piece should be no longer than 7 minutes, I will then cover anything you had on the survey and the forms I need to give to everyone, and then if you have anything else we can go over that.
Next week we also have early release on the 25th and no school the rest of the week. We will also be starting the state mandated testing, WKCE, the second week into November.
If you are interested in any other information, please paruse the website and enjoy. Our class rules, pictures from the year, and much more can be found. If you ever have any questions, or comments, please email me!